Looking for something to do? There is plenty on at the Bradbury Hall Centre! Choose from the following, or contact us if you want to start your own group!
|Day||Time||Event / Group||Notes|
|Monday||9:15 am to 4:15 pm.||RHB Art||Leonard Hall|
|9:30 to 11:30 am.||Pilates (mixed ability)||Cranbrook Room.|
|10:00 to 11:30 am.||Contemporary Dance||Bradbury Hall|
|10:00 to 12:00 noon.||Reminiscence Group||Coffee Bar. Second Monday of each month.|
|2:00 to 4:00 pm.||Trinity - Henleaze Knitting and Crochet Group||Second and fourth weeks of the month.|
|2:00 to 4:00 pm.||Good afternoon choir||In the Church.|
|5:30 to 6:30 pm.||Weight watchers||In the Bradbury Hall.|
|7:00 to 9:30 pm.||Trinity-Henleaze Ladies Guild||Fortnightly between September and May. Leonard Hall.|
|7:00 to 8:30 pm.||Alexander Technique Posture Course||Term time course with Claire Coveney. In the Cranbrook Room.|
|7:15 pm.||Pilates (Improvers/intermediate)||Bradbury Hall.|
|7:30 to 10:00 pm.||Bristol Symphony Orchestra||Main Church with use of the coffee bar.|
|Tuesday||9:00 am. to 2:30 pm.||Jack in a box||Term time only.|
|9:00 am to 1:30 pm.||Slimming World||Church Foyer. Session starts 9:30 am.|
|9:30 to 11:30 am.||Pilates (Improvers at 9:30 and beginners and mixed ability at 10:30)||Coffee Bar.|
|9:30 to 11:00 am.||Baby Clinic||Every Tuesday.|
|9:40 am. to 12 noon.||Music with Mummy||Cranbrook room.|
|1:30 pm to 4:00 pm.||Slimming World||Church Foyer.|
|4:00 to 6:00 pm.||U3A Spanish||Cranbrook Room. Fortnightly.|
|2:15 to 3:15 pm.||Extend||Leonard Hall.|
|4:15 to 6:15 pm.||Flamingo Chicks||Bradbury Hall with use of the coffee bar.|
|6:00 to 7:00 pm.||Pilates (Vivo): Intermediate/Improvers.||Leonard Hall.|
|7:10 pm.||Pilates (Vivo): Beginners.||Cranbrook Room.|
|7:30 to 9:45 pm.||Scottish Country Dancing||Weekly from September to April. Leonard Hall.|
|7:00 to 10:00 pm.||Strictly Dancing||Bradbury Hall|
|4:00 to 9:30 pm.||Slimming World||Church Foyer. Sessions at 5:30 and 7:30 starts.|
|Wednesday||9:30 to 10:30 am.||Weight watchers||Bradbury Hall.|
|9:15 am.||Pilates (Vivo) Intermediates||Leonard Hall.|
|10:15 am.||Pilates (Vivo) Improvers||Leonard Hall.|
|1:00 to 2:00 pm.||Margaret Morris Movement||Weekly in the Bradbury Hall.|
|6:15 to 7:15 pm.||Pilates (intermediate)||Leonard Hall|
|6:15 to 7:15 pm.||Yoga (Sue Peggs)||Cranbrook Room|
|8:00 to 10:00 pm.||Ballroom Dancing||Bradbury Hall|
|Thursday||9:15 pm.||Pilates (Vivo) : Intermediate||Bradbury Hall.|
|10:15 am.||Pilates (Vivo) Improvers||Bradbury Hall.|
|10:00 am. to 12 noon.||Trinity - Henleaze Art Group||Weekly.|
|10:00 am. to 12 noon.||Carers Group||Fortnightly (2nd and 4th weeks of the month). Coffee Bar.|
|2:00 to 4:00 pm.||Singing for the Brain||First and Third Thursdays of each month. Bradbury Hall.|
|2:00 to 4:30 pm.||Henleaze and District Flower Club.||Fortnightly (2nd and 4th weeks of the month, except in December). Bradbury Hall.|
|7:30 to 9:30 pm.||Bristol Bach Choir||In the Church.|
|Friday||9:00 am. to 2:30 pm.||Jack in a box||Term time only.|
|10:00 am. to 12 noon.||Friday coffee||In the coffee bar.|
|10:30 am to 11:00.||Prayers||Church quiet room.|
|11:00 to 12:15 am.||Hatha Yoga||Leonard Hall.|
|10:45 am. to 12:15.||Tai Chi Movements for Wellbeing||Cranbrook Room.|
|1:45 to 2:45 pm.||Diddydance||Term time only.|
|5:45 to 7:00 pm.||Hatha Yoga||Leonard Hall.|
|6:00 to 8:30 pm.||Tae Kwon Do||Bradbury Hall.|
|7:30 to 8:45 pm.||Trinity - Henleaze Singers||Rehearsals as demanded by performances.|
|Saturday||10:00 to 1:00 pm.||Dance Classes for Children.||Term time only.|
|8:30 am to 5:00 pm.||Contact Centre.||Second and Fourth Saturdays only. Leonard Hall.|
|Sunday||10:30 to 11:30 am.||Trinity - Henleaze URC Church Service|
|7:00 pm||Church Evening Devotions||Once per month in the meeting room.|
|Other||Brownies and Rainbows.||For more information please register your interest in Girlguiding UK.|
Do you want to change habits that can cause pain and stiffness? Learn to move with ease and poise? Let go of harmful tension?
Term time courses ongoing on:
- Mondays 7 to 8:30 pm.
For further information contact Claire on 0777 373 8241 or Julia on 0117 927 7005. Or email claire@bristolAT.co.uk. Or visit www.bristolAT.co.uk
Bristol Bach Choir
Established over 40 years ago and acclaimed for its excellence, the Choir attracts singers young and old from all walks of life in and around Bristol and Bath and has built up a loyal fan base across the region. In addition to performing throughout the South West, the choir has toured extensively overseas and performed on BBC, ITV and Sky.
The Choir is always pleased to welcome new singers and applications are invited from singers of all voices. Previous experience of choral singing is a strong advantage, as is the ability to sight read. Admission is by audition and, for some voice parts, may require successful applicants to be put on the waiting list until a vacancy arises.
- Thursdays 7:30 to 9:30 pm. in the Church.
- Contact Eve Nash (0117 968 58610) for more information, or see www.bristolbach.org.uk.
A support group for people in the Henleaze area who care for the needs of an ageing or dependent family member or friend at home. Swap stories, share experiences and find out what help is available.
- Thursdays 10:00 am. to 12:00 noon in the Bradbury Hall coffee bar. Fortnightly (2nd and 4th weeks of the month).
- Open to all carers.
- Organised by Trinity-Henleaze URC.
- Contact Monica Rudston on 0117 942 6095 for more information, or to book a place.
Fridays 10:00 am. to 12 noon in the Bradbury Hall Coffee Bar.
Dance Classes for Children
VaughanDance specialises in Ballet, Modern, Tap dancing and Zumbatomic® for children over 3 years. The school aims to create lively and creative classes with an emphasis on teaching technique. We set our standards high, whilst ensuring enjoyment in a fun and safe environment.
Saturdays 10:00 am. to 1:00 pm. in the Bradbury Hall (term time only), as follows:
- 10:00 to 10:30 - Preschool Dance and Movement.
- 10:30 to 11:00 - Nursery Ballet.
- 11:00 to 11:30 - Primary Ballet.
- 11:30 to 12:00 - Primary Modern.
- 12:00 to 12:30 - Grade 1 Ballet.
- 12:30 to 1:00 - Grade 1 Modern.
Tuesdays 2:15 to 3:15 pm. in the Leonard Hall.
Wednesdays 2:00 to 4:00 pm in the Cranbrook Room. Fortnightly.
An inclusive ballet class for children of all abilities – a place where little ones with disabilities can explore movement alongside friends.
Ages 3-8 years.
Tuesdays 4:15 pm to 6:15 pm in the Bradbury Hall. Weekly.
For further details contact Katie on Tel: 0796 808 1152
Classes are for beginner and intermediate students. These Hatha Yoga classes will feature aspects of dynamic and restorative yoga. Class numbers are limited,so please contact Vicki to confirm your place on the course or to ask about taster sessions.
During the course, Vicki aims to:
- focus on strength and confidence,
- develop each individual's practice,
- bring a sense of balance to the body and also the mind,
- share an awareness of the breath and how it can relax and invigorate,
- find a sense of stillness and peace in each class.
Please let Vicki know if you have any special health considerations or questions.
- All sessions on Fridays. Morning 11:00 am. to 12:15 pm. Evening 5:45 pm. to 7:00 pm. In the Leonard Hall.
- Both courses start on Friday 7th November.
- £53 for 6 weeks. Taster sessions, early bird payment discounts and concessions available. Please book before first class.
- Contact Vicki Armstrong (07989 488 339) of Vyoga for more information or to book a place.
Henleaze and District Flower Club
Flower arranging demonstrations and practical classes:
- Thursdays 2:00 to 4:30 pm. in the Bradbury Hall. Fortnightly (2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, except in December).
- Contact Joan Gunn (0117 962 9015) for more information.
Jack in a Box Gymnastics
Three fun physical programmes for children aged 3 months to nearly 5, run on Tuesdays and Fridays in the Bradbury Hall during term time:
- Jolly Jacks:
- 9 months - nearly 2 years.
- Soft play for tinies.
- 9:25 to 10:15 am, £4.00 per session.
- Jumping Jacks:
- 2 - 3 years.
- Mini gym circuits for parent and child to enjoy together.
- 10:45 to 11:25 am., or 11:35 am. to 12:15 pm., £4.80 per session.
- Gym Jacks:
- 3 - 4 years.
- Children work with our qualified staff to learn basic gym skills.
- 1:15 to 2:00 pm. or 2:15 to 3:00 pm., £5.20 per session.
Coming in the autumn: Bouncing Babies: 3mths - crawling, introducing exercises for parent and baby to enjoy together.
Margaret Morris Movement Dance Class
Wednesdays 1:00 to 2:00 pm in the Bradbury Hall.
New Dance Class - Margaret Morris Movement
- For mobility, energy, and coordination
- Suitable for all ages and abilities, including beginners
- Inspiring music
- Including world and creative dance
- Exercise for the whole body and mind
£4 per session, 1st free
Come and join me, Tricia Mason, Qualified Dance Teacher. Tel. 07896346486. www.margaretmorrismovement.com.
Music with Mummy
Tuesdays 9:40 am. to 12 noon in the Leonard Hall.
Mind Body Pilates
Pilates is suitable for all ages and fitness levels. It helps to improve strength, flexibility, coordination and posture, whilst promoting long lean muscles and a balanced and aligned body. The classes are small and friendly with individual attention given.
All equipment is provided for the classes including mat, head cushion, seat blocks, stretchy bands and balls. A prior private lesson can arranged before joining a group if required. Please contact Leanne for further details or to book.
- Tuesdays 9:30 -10:30 (Improvers)
- Tuesdays 10:30 - 11:30 (Beginners and mixed ability)
- Wednesdays 18:15 to 19:15 (Intermediate)
Intermediate is suitable for the experienced with challenging more dynamic exercises.
Cost: £8 per class if booked as 6-8 week course. £10 per class drop in. Each mat class is one hour.
For more information contact Leanne Grayshon (T: 07817 189 474 / E: email@example.com) or visit www.mindbodypilates.org
Beth Knight offers small friendly Pilates classes and one to one sessions that are tailored to individual needs and capabilities. The essence of Pilates is to improve posture and restore normal, natural movement through precise specialised exercises to give a leaner, stronger and more flexible body. Pilates is suitable for everyone, men and women, all levels of physical fitness and all ages.
Beth provides all the equipment required. Please give Beth a call to discuss which class would suit you best.
- Mondays 7:15 to 8:15 pm. Bradbury Hall
- Tuesdays 6:00 pm Improvers. Leonard Hall. 7:10 pm Beginners Cranbrook Room of the Leonard Hall
- Wednesdays 9:15 am Intermediates. 10:15 am Improvers. Leonard Hall.
- Thursdays 9:15 am Intermediates. 10:15 am Improvers. Bradbury Hall
- £8 per session.
- Contact Beth Knight (07788 970 976.) of the www.vivopilatesbristol.co.uk.
Fridays 10:30 to 11:00 am in the Church - Quiet room.
This is a time of meditation and prayer for world events and specific people in our community. All are welcome.
Coffee and refreshments are available before and after in the Coffee bar.
RHB Art Class
Drawing and painting classes from a model in the Leonard Hall, run by Painter and Printmaker, Rachel Hemming Bray.
An opportunity for anyone, whatever your level of experience, ability or age. You will really be able to make progress, as there is teaching, guidance and demonstrations using a wide range of materials.
- Morning class 9:15 am. to 1:00 pm. Contact Rachel for costs, but around £150 per term. Includes a talk on an artist whose work is relevant to what we are doing.
- Afternoon class 1:45 to 4:15 pm. Contact Rachel for costs but around £100 per term.
- Term time only.
- Please bring your own materials (paper or pad, pencils, rubber, box sharpener and a board to clip your pad or paper to).
- Contact Rachel Hemming-Bray (0117 926 5570) for more information or to book. Booking is essential as spaces may be limited. See also www.rachelhemmingbray.co.uk/.
Singing for the brain
Singing for the Brain is a service provided by Alzheimer's Society which uses singing to bring people together in a friendly and stimulating social environment. Singing is not only an enjoyable activity, it can also provide a way for people with dementia, along with their carers, to express themselves and socialise with others in a fun and supportive group. Hidden in the fun are activities which build on the well-known preserved memory for song and music in the brain. Even when many memories are hard to retrieve, music is especially easy to recall.
- Thursdays 2:00 to 4:00 pm in the Bradbury Hall. Fortnightly (1st and 3rd weeks of the month).
- Supported by Trinity-Henleaze URC.
- Contact Emma Flannery at the Alzheimer's Society, Kingswood. Tel: 0117 9610693 for more information and to attend this group.
Tuesdays 9:30 am and 4:30 pm in the church foyer.
Tae Kwon Do
Fridays 6:00 to 8:30 pm. in the Bradbury Hall.
Tai Chi Movements for Wellbeing
The TMW sequence is gentle and simple to learn. It can be practised sitting or standing, and aims to join body and mind for balance and wellbeing. Just a short time spent regularly with these graceful gestures can really make a difference, encouraging us to manage our own health in a relaxed and flexible way. To help support at home, a practice DVD is included for all participants.
- Fridays 11:00 am. to 12:00 noon in the Cranbrook Room, weekly.
- All ages and fitness levels welcome. No special equipment required.
- Contact Jackie Wright (0117 946 7318) for more information, and see TMW training.
Please tell Jackie if you are pregnant, or have any particular health needs or concerns, before the class.
Trinity - Henleaze Art Group
A Group of Amateur Artists of mixed ability who enjoy each others company and work on a self help basis. No formal tuition is given. Some do attend classes elsewhere. Various media are in use such as Pastels and Oils but most of the current members are Watercolourists.
- Thursdays 10:00 am. to 12 noon in the Leonard Hall (weekly).
- For anyone keen to "have a go".
- £1.00 per meeting.
- If you do not have basic materials such as art paper, brushes and paints already to hand , wait until your first meeting when advice will be given.
- Contact Mike Foster (0117 904 8916) for more information.
Trinity - Henleaze Knitting and Crochet Group
A monthly get together for people who like making things. We aim to share skills and have a joint project. In the past we have made a knitted Noah's Ark for the crèche and panels for the church, Story Sacks and a knitted garden. Meets in the coffee bar.
- Mondays 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. in the Waterford Room (2nd and 4th weeks of the month).
- All those with an interest in craft are welcome.
- £1 per session (donation).
- Contact Angela Thackray (0117 968 1233) for more information.
Trinity - Henleaze Ladies Guild
A fortnightly meeting with interesting and informative speakers covering a wide range of topics. Our Guild is also a good social event where we can meet and talk to friends old and new and enjoy good fellowship.
As well as regular meetings we also go to BLOC’s musical production at the Hippodrome in November, and have a Christmas supper in December.
Although we are a Ladies Guild we also welcome men and have several who attend on a regular basis. Come and join us!
- Mondays 7:30 to 9:00 pm. in the Leonard Hall, fortnightly between September and May.
- Open to all, £10 annual subscription.
- Contact Jenny Rich (0117 962 0108) for more information.
Trinity - Henleaze URC Church Services
- Sundays 10:30 to 11:30 am. in the Church, and sometimes in the evening. See what's on and weekly worship.
- Morning service includes Junior Church.
- Approximately once per month we have more informal Evening Devotions. In these we discuss fundamental issues around the Christian faith. Each session stands independently as is open to all - no matter what your journey is along the path of Christian faith! See what's on and weekly worship.
Westbury Country Dancing
A club for teaching and practising Scottish Country Dancing, the promotion of interest generally in Scottish Country Dancing and the arrangement of open dances and social gatherings in the pursuit of the above. Come along and enjoy an introduction to Scottish Country Dancing.
Beginner’s class is held in the Leonard Hall. (An Intermediate class is held in St Peter’s Church hall on the same evenings).
- Tuesdays 7:30 to 9:45 pm in the Leonard Hall, weekly from September to April.
- £3.50 per session.
- Contact Tina Attwood (0117 9075462) of the Westbury Scottish Club.
Health, Diet and Lifestyle Advice using the famous and very successful ProPoints Plan:
- Mondays 5:30 to 6:30 pm. in the Bradbury Hall.
- Wednesdays 9:30 to 10:30 am. in the Bradbury Hall.
- Cost can vary, but typically £5.99 per week or £19.99 per calendar month.
- Contact Sian Miller (0117 330 4933 or 07974 579982) for more information.
Yoga (Sue Peggs)
These 'Scaravelli inspired' Yoga classes are aimed to be fun and will improve your mobility and general well being. They are suitable for all levels, including beginners and are run by Sue Peggs who is a practitioner associated with the Yew Tree Osteopathic Clinic
- Wednesdays 6:15 to 7:15 pm.
- Please bring a mat - or contact Sue before the class to arrange one.
- £8/week if booking for 6 weeks or £10 drop in price.
- Taster session for £8.
Please let Sue know if you have any special health considerations or questions.